What do I need to do to register my child?
O.K., now that I have your attention and your interest, you are probably wondering what comes next.
The Suzuki method works, because of the intense involvement and committment of the parent, therefore, it is imperative that the parent and teacher are on the same page in order that WE serve the best interests of the child.
First Steps to Enrollment
- Call the studio to discuss the details of the program and arrange to observe some lessons with your child. I will not accept anyone who does not come to observe first. Observation is the best way find out how I teach and view the program first hand.
- Choose a lesson time and go over the studio policy with the instructor.
- Bring your child to get fitted for an instrument.
- Begin Parent Education. Before the child starts, all parents are expected to go through 8 weeks of Parent Education. This is an insurance policy against failure. For more about parent ed, see below.
- Continue to observe lessons with your child during parent ed weeks. This is the best way to prepare yourself and your child for his/her musical journey.